George P. Marsh correspondence : images of Italy, 1861-1881
- Lucia Ducci.
- Uniform Title
- Correspondence. Selections
- Madison [N.J.] : Fairleigh Dickinson University Press ; Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, ©2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiv, 228 pages)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University Press series in Italian studies.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword by Stefano Luconi Introduction The Correspondence Bibliography Index About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
George P. Marsh was a keen observer of the Italian society and political system: this volume collects his letters from Florence between 1864 and 1871, when the Tuscan city was the capital of Italy. His official and personal correspondence is a key resource for anyone interested both in the study of U.S.-Italian relations in the early post-unification years and in an understanding of Italy's coeval perception by prominent foreigners who visited the country in that period.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Marsh, George P. (George Perkins), 1801-1882 > Correspondence.
- Marsh, George P. (George Perkins), 1801-1882.
- Ambassadors > United States > Correspondence.
- Italy > Foreign relations > United States.
- United States > Foreign relations > Italy.
- Italy > Politics and government > 1815-1870.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Government > International.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > International Relations > General.
- Diplomatic relations.
- Politics and government
- United States.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Images of Italy
- The Fairleigh Dickinson University Press series in Italian studies
- Previous ed. in Italian and English: L'unità debole. c2009.
- Related Work
- Marsh, George P. (George Perkins), 1801-1882. Correspondence. Selections. Italian & English.
- 1611474620 (electronic bk.)
- 9781611474626 (electronic bk.)
- 9781611474619 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 1611474612 (cloth ; alk. paper)