Multiple sclerosis : the questions you gave-the answers you need
- Rosalind C. Kalb, editor.
- 5th ed.
- New York : Demos Medical Pub., ©2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : illustrations (some color)
- Kalb, Rosalind.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I MS: What's it all about?, What Should I Know About this Book?, MS: An Introduction to the Disease, Who Gets MS and Why?, Symptom Management at a Glance, Part II: How is MS Treated? , How MS Treatments are Developed, Considering the Options for Managing Relapses and the Disease Course, Looking at Complementary and Alternative Medicine, The Role of Physical Therapy: Strategies to Enhance Independence and Productivity at Home and at Work, The Role of Occupational Therapy: Strategies to Enhance Independence and Productivity at Home and at Work, How MS Affects Sexuality and Intimacy, Speech and Voice Problems: Assessing and Managing, Swallowing Problems, Cognitive Challenges, Part III: How Do Individuals and Families Cope with the Challenge of MS? , Coping and Adaptation: Making a Place for MS in Your Life, Emotional Changes and the Role of Stress, How MS Affects the Family, Fertility, Pregnancy, Childbirth and Gynecologic Care, Children Get MS Too, Part IV: What Are the Recommended Financial and Life Planning Strategies? , Maximizing Employment Options, Managing the Insurance Maze, Thinking Proactively About Long-Term Care, Effective Life Planning Begins Now, Appendixes, Glossary, NMSS Disease Management Consensus Statement, Additional Readings, Recommended Resources.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Multiple Sclerosis: The Questions You Have, The Answers You Need, Fifth Edition is the definitive guide for everyone concerned with the disease - those who have MS and those who share their lives with someone who has it. It covers a wide range of topics in an accessible question and answer format that allows people to easily find the information they need while providing a model of successful communication with healthcare providers.The contributors are leading authorities in all areas of Multiple Sclerosis management, who proffer expert answers to the most common questions about living with MS - medical, emotional, social and economic - and represents a interdisciplinary approach to the disease. The book's goal is to help those living with MS live the lives they aspire to lead. The chapters cover everything from treatment to emotional, sexual and employment issues.The new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated throughout. The book provides the most current information on Multiple Sclerosis including a review of the controversy surrounding CCVSI, discussion of the first two pills in development for the disease, new information on the drug Tysabri, emotional issues and the family.The thoroughly revised and updated fifth edition of the classic Multiple Sclerosis: The Questions You Have, The Answers You Need answers even more of your questions about how to live and thrive with MS.What are the current drug therapies for MS?What about alternative medicine?Should I exercise?How common is depression with MS?
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781617050763 (electronic bk.)
- 1617050768 (electronic bk.)