Isaiah 1-5 : a critical and exegetical commentary
- by H.G.M. Williamson.
- London : T & T Clark, 2006.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (640 pages).
- International critical commentary.
- International critical commentary on the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
- Williamson, H. G. M. (Hugh Godfrey Maturin), 1947-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface-- Abbreviations-- Introduction-- Commentary-- [Chronology]-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Hugh Williamson's Isaiah 1-5 is the first of three volumes in a important new commentary on Isiah 1-27. For over one hundred years International Critical Commentaries have had a special place among works on the Bible. They bring together all the relevant aids to exegesis - linguistic, textual, archaeological, historical, literary, and theological - to help the reader understand the meaning of the books of the Old and New Testaments. The new commentaries continue this tradition. All new evidence now available is incorporated and new methods of study are applied. The authors are of the highest international standing. No attempt has been made to secure a uniform theological or critical approach to the biblical text: contributors have been invited for their scholarly distinction, not for their adherence to any one school of thought.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- The international critical commentary
- 9781472556110 (online ; v. 1)
- 1472556119 (online ; v. 1)
- 9780567115218 (electronic bk.)
- 0567115216 (electronic bk.)
- 0567044513 (hbk.)
- 9780567044518 (hbk.)
- 9780567473707 (pbk.)
- 0567473708 (pbk.)