Strangers to the law : gay people on trial
- Lisa Keen and Suzanne B. Goldberg.
- 1st pbk. ed.
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 2000, ©1998.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xi, 272 pages).
- Law, meaning, and violence.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The stakes
- Prelude to a trial
- The science of sexuality
- History of hate
- The politics of law
- Civil rights and "special rights"
- Morality plays
- The Colorado verdicts
- The U.S. Supreme Court
- The law and social change.
This study examines the legal challenge to the Colorado anti-gay rights initiative that effectively led to the US Supreme Court invalidating the Colorado State''s anti-gay legislation.'.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Evans, Richard G. > Trials, litigation, etc.
- Romer, Roy, 1928- > Trials, litigation, etc.
- Evans, Richard G.
- Romer, Roy, 1928-
- Equality before the law > Colorado.
- Equality before the law > United States.
- Gay rights > Colorado.
- Gays > Legal status, laws, etc. > Colorado.
- Gays > Legal status, laws, etc. > United States.
- LAW > Constitutional.
- LAW > Public.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE > Gender Studies.
- Equality before the law.
- Gay rights.
- Gays > Legal status, laws, etc.
- United States.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Title Variation
- Gay people on trial
- Law, meaning, and violence
- 9780472022762 (electronic bk.)
- 0472022768 (electronic bk.)