Accountable schools : succeeding today in the competitive marketplace
- Jim Dueck.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 159 pages ; 24 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2806.22 .D83 2019||Unknown|
- Dueck, Jim, 1946- author.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Chapter 1: Holding Accountable What We Value
- Chapter 2: Education is a Big Spending Business
- Chapter 3: Not All Teachers Are the Same and Neither Are Their Schools.
- Chapter 4: Pressure Works
- Chapter 5: Unwinding the Myth about Extrinsic Motivation
- Chapter 6: Democratizing Educators
- Chapter 7: An Accountability Model That Works
- Chapter 8: Trust or Ensure
- Chapter 9: Holding Parents Accountable
- Chapter 10: Fully Enlisting Parents
- Chapter 11: Civilizing Student Dress
- Chapter 12: Financial Consequences
- Chapter 13: Avoiding Continuous Pass
- Chapter 14: A Realistic Perspective Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The majority of students are required to attend their neighborhood public school unless their parents apply to an alternate program such as private and charter schools. Seldom is a comprehensive measurement program in place for parents to assist them in determining whether their local school is providing quality educational services and, when a reporting system is in place, an unbiased evaluation is lacking. This book demonstrates how parents can make informed choices regarding their local school or others within their community. The accountability model presented was highly rated by the U.S. Department of Education and its approach is used in Alberta and California. Fixed boundaries should be replaced and all schools labeled as "magnet centers" with locally developed mission statements to attract students without transportation costs. Democratizing the workplace is as necessary as democratizing our schools so that workers are recognized and rewarded according to their team's performance.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475847833 hardcover alkaline paper
- 1475847831 hardcover alkaline paper
- 9781475847840 paperback alkaline paper
- 147584784X paperback alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: