Family life education : principles and practices for effective outreach
- Stephen F. Duncan, H. Wallace Goddard.
- 2nd ed.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : SAGE, ©2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xix, 472 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I. : FOUNDATIONS OF FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION
- 1. -- HISTORICAL AND PHILOSOPHICAL PERSPECTIVES
- PART II. : DEVELOPMENT OF FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- 2. -- DESIGNING COMPREHENSIVE FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION PREVENTION PROGRAMS
- 3. -- PRINCIPLES OF PROGRAM EVALUATION
- PART III. : IMPLEMENTING FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- 4. -- DESIGNING EFFECTIVE INSTRUCTION
- 5. -- ENGAGING AN AUDIENCE
- 6. -- TEACHING SKILLS AND TOOLS IN FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION
- 7. -- WORKING WITH DIVERSE AUDIENCES
- 8. -- EDUCATION FOR PERSONAL WELL-BEING
- 9. -- MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP EDUCATION
- 10. -- PARENTING EDUCATION.
- 11. -- SEXUALITY EDUCATION12 -- FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION ON THE TECHNOLOGICAL FRONTIER
- 13. -- WORKING WITH THE MEDIA IN FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION
- PART V. : PROMOTING, MARKETING, AND SUSTAINING FLE PROGRAMS
- 15. -- CREATING EFFECTIVE COLLABORATIVE PARTNERSHIPS
- 16. -- MARKETING FAMILY LIFE PRINCIPLES, PRACTICES, AND PROGRAMS
- 17. -- NARRATIVES OF FAMILY LIFE EDUCATORS
- 18. -- IMPROVING THE PRACTICE OF FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION
- APPENDIX A. : A Statement of Principles
- APPENDIX B. : Family Life Education Content Areas: Content and Practice Guidelines
- APPENDIX C. : Family Life Education Program Resource Review Form.
- APPENDIX D. : A Selection of Favorite Movie Clips for Family Life EducationAPPENDIX E: Ethics and Family Life Education
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS.
Drawing on the best scholarship and their own years of professional experience, the authors of this thoroughly updated edition begin by discussing the foundations of family life education and encourage readers to develop their own outreach philosophies. The book then helps readers learn principles and methods for reaching out to the public and how to form and use community collaborations and use principles of social marketing to promote programs. The Second Edition contains five new chapters on education for personal well-being, marriage and relationship education, parenting education, sexuality education, and narratives of family life educators. The authors' practical, hands-on experience is used to demonstrate how readers can put principles from the latest and best scholarship into action and reinforced with the Interactive Explorations sections throughout.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781452264844 (electronic bk.)
- 1452264848 (electronic bk.)
- 9781452232379 (ebook)
- 1452232377 (ebook)
- 9781412979085 (pbk.)
- 1412979080 (pbk.)