Fundamentals of coding, payment, and documentation : understanding their role and impact in health care
- Susan E. Garrison.
- English. English.
- data file.
- [Chicago, Ill.] : American Medical Association, ©2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (viii, 181 pages) : illustrations, forms
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fundamentals of medical coding, payment, and documentation
- Insurance payment overview
- Insurance billing claim forms
- Medicare payment systems overview
- Medicare physician payment : Medicare physician fee schedule (MFS)
- Medicare hospital payment : outpatient prospective payment (OPPS) and inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS)
- Other Medicare payment systems
- Medical record documentation
- Healthcare common procedure coding system (HCPCS)
- International classification of diseases
- Electronic health records
- Fraud and abuse issues in health care coding, payment, and documentation
- Putting it all together : coding, payment, and documentation.
Understanding Coding for the Non-Coder: The Relationship Between Coding, Payment and Documentation and Their Impact in Health Care teaches readers the fundamentals of coding, medical and non-coder insurance and non-coder documentation. This book was formerly titled Fundamentals of Coding, Payment and Documentation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781603596350 (electronic bk.)
- 1603596356 (electronic bk.)
- 9781603593373 (pbk.)
- 1603593373 (pbk.)