Israelite religion and Biblical theology : collected essays
- Patrick D. Miller.
- Sheffield : Sheffield Academic Press, ©2000.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (715 pages) : illustrations.
- Journal for the study of the Old Testament. Supplement series ; 267.
- Miller, Patrick D.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface; Abbreviations; Part I: THE BIBLE IN ITS NEAR EASTERN WORLD; Part II: THE PSALMS; Part III: OLD TESTAMENT THEOLOGY; Index of References; Index of Authors.
This is a formidable collection of previously published essays by this distinguished Old Testament scholar. Three significant areas of biblical studies have been a focus of the author's attention throughout his career: the Bible in its ancient Near Eastern world, the Psalms, and Old Testament theology. In Part I, epigraphic discoveries are examined for the light they shed on biblical texts. In Part II, special attention is given to the theological significance of reading the Psalms as a collection. In Part III, a wide range of theological issues-creation, covenant, prayer, cosmology, canon, and especially the nature and character of God-are taken up in various essays that suggest how biblical theology can contribute to the larger theological enterprise.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Bible. Old Testament > Theology.
- Bible. Psalms > Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. Deuteronomy > Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. Old Testament > Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. A.T. > Théologie.
- Bible. A.T. Psaumes > Critique, interprétation, etc.
- Bible. A.T. Deutéronome > Critique, interprétation, etc.
- Bible. Deuteronomy.
- Bible. Old Testament.
- Bible. Psalms.
- Middle East > Religion.
- Moyen-Orient > Religion.
- RELIGION > Christianity > General.
- RELIGION > Christian Theology > Systematic.
- Middle East.
- Oudtestamentische theologie.
- Publication date
- Journal for the study of the Old Testament. Supplement series ; 267
- 9780567649744 (electronic bk.)
- 0567649741 (electronic bk.)