The dictionary of modern American philosophers
- general editor, John R. Shook ; consulting editors, Richard T. Hull [and others].
- Bristol : Thoemmes Continuum, 2005.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (4 volumes (xlix, 2698 pages))
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. A-C
- v. 2. D-J
- v. 3. K-Q
- v. 4. R-Z.
- Presenting a short biography of each writer, an exposition and analysis of his or her doctrines and ideas, a bibliography of writings, and suggestions for further reading, this volume includes both academic and non-academic philosophers, and a large number of female and minority thinkers whose work has been neglected. The most valuable feature of this dictionary is its coverage of less well-known writers, including presently obscure thinkers.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Available from some providers with title: Credo Reference
- Use copy Restrictions unspecified
- Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action note
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
- 9781847144706 (electronic bk.)
- 1847144705 (electronic bk.)
- 1843710374 (set)
- 9781843710370 (set)