Synchronization in complex networks of nonlinear dynamical systems
- Chai Wah Wu.
- New Jersey : World Scientific, ©2007.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xii, 155 pages) : illustrations
- Wu, Chai Wah.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 143-151) and index.
- Graphs, Networks, Laplacian Matrices and Algebraic Connectivity
- Graph Models
- Synchronization in Networks of Nonlinear Continuous-Time Dynamical Systems
- Synchronization in Networks of Coupled Discrete-Time Systems
- Synchronization in Network of Systems with Linear Dynamics
- Agreement and Consensus Problems in Groups of Interacting Agents.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book brings together two emerging research areas: synchronization in coupled nonlinear systems and complex networks, and study conditions under which a complex network of dynamical systems synchronizes. While there are many texts that study synchronization in chaotic systems or properties of complex networks, there are few texts that consider the intersection of these two very active and interdisciplinary research areas.The main theme of this book is that synchronization conditions can be related to graph theoretical properties of the underlying coupling topology. The book introduces ideas from systems theory, linear algebra and graph theory and the synergy between them that are necessary to derive synchronization conditions. Many of the results, which have been obtained fairly recently and have until now not appeared in textbook form, are presented with complete proofs. This text is suitable for graduate-level study or for researchers who would like to be better acquainted with the latest research in this area.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9789812709745 (electronic bk.)
- 9812709746 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: