Reliability, maintainability, and risk : practical methods for engineers
- David J. Smith.
- 6th ed.
- Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2001.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xii, 335 pages) : illustrations
- Smith, David J. (David John), 1943 June 22-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The essential aspects of Reliability and Risk Engineering
- Terms and Jargon
- Data Analysis
- Variable Failure Rates
- Accuracy of Reliability Prediction
- Essential Probability Theory
- Field Data
- Prediction and Modelling
- Maintainability Prediction and Design
- Common Cause Failure
- Design Review
- Software Reliability
- Risk Assessment
- Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Contract Liability and Legal Aspects
- Major Incident Legislation
- Project Management
- Safety-Related Systems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
Reliability, Maintainability and Risk has been updated to ensure that it remains the leading reliability textbook and cementing the book's reputation for staying one step ahead of the competition. This 6th edition incorporates brand new material on the accuracy of reliability prediction and common cause failure based on the author's PhD research work. David J. Smith approaches these subjects from an entirely original and unique viewpoint, emphasising that the need to demonstrate that safety-related systems have been assessed against target integrity levels is now commonplace in most industries, and the material contained in this book will address these growing needs. Reliability, Maintainability and Risk has now been established for over 20 years. It deals with all aspects of reliability, maintainability and safety-related failures in a simple and straightforward style, explaining technical terms and jargon and handling the imitations of reliability parameters. It pre-supposes no prior knowledge of the subject - the author deals with numerical data making realistic predictions using the minimum of mathematics. David J. Smith has written seven successful works on reliability, quality, maintainability, software and statistics and is past Chairman of the Safety and Reliability Society. He has been directly concerned with this branch of engineering in the telecommunications, electronics and oil and gas industries for over 25 years. He is well known for his many courses and workshops on reliability engineering and software quality and is in a unique position to provide much-needed information on a burgeoning subject area.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780080516097 (electronic bk.)
- 0080516092 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: