Sustainable development of energy, water and environment systems. Volume III : proceedings of the 3rd Dubrovnik Conference, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 5-10 June 2005
- editors, Naim H. Afgan [and others].
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, ©2007.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xi, 590 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sustainaility science. Sustainability and safety evaluation of energy system / Naim H. Afgan & Maria G. Carvalho. Syandardisation, environmentally friendly techhnologies and sustainable development / Dimitryj Najdovskij [and others]. Sustainable technology trends / Dora Marinova. Analysis of sustainability indicators using data-driven space models / Adriano Moreira, Maribel Yasmina Santos & Sofia Carneiro. Enhancing the indicators of sustainable development of the coastal zone / Lidija Runko Luttenberger. Using entropy for quantifying sustainablity in agricultural systems: a case study in Torogh Research Station / Mohamad AsghariPour & Alireza Kocheki
- Energy policy and planning. Large-scale heat pumps in sustainable energy systems : system and project perspectives / Morten Boje Blarke & Henrik Lund. CDM in Africa: an analytial framework for action / Marcos Alexandre Teixeira [and others]. Strategy of popularizing wood windows for energy saving house: standardization and development of fire-proof wood in Japan / Yoshiro Obata [and others]. Towards a sustainable transportation energy supply / Robert L. Evans. Urban windfarms and the pursuit of sustainable development / Caroline Gallagher & Gholam Jamnejad. The numerical modeling as alternative to physical model of wind flow over the complex terrain / Zeljko Tukovic, Stanislav Sviderek & Jasenko Josipovic. Biodegradable plastic substitute from bamboo / Osamu Yamashita [and others]
- New renewable energy sources and energy efficiency Hydrogen and sustainable development / Frano Barbir. Renewables and hydrogen for developing countries: a case-study of Peru / Daniel Marcelo & Fabio Orecchini. Financing projects related to environment protection and energy efficiency / Daniel Rolph Schneider. An energy integration tool for batch processes / Ana C. Pires, Cristina M. Fernandes & Clemente Pedro Nunes. The effect of water objects on summer microclimate in dry regions / Robert Vukic & Vesna Lackovic
- Energy cogeneration. First micro combined heat and power system in a swimming pool in Portugal: techno-economical evaluation and policy framework / Eliseu Monteiro & Nuno Alfonso Moreira. Incorporating environment and economic objectives in the design of distributed generation and district heating plants through externalities: dealing with uncertainty / Damiana Chinese, Gioacchino Nardin & Patrizia Simeoni. Analytical prediction of spread scenarios for small scale CHP systems / Ennio Cardona, Antonio Piacentino & Fabio Cardona. Mathematical modeling of a heating system for a SnO2 CVD reactor and computational fluid dynamics simulations (3D-CFD) / Dino Novosel, Alaide P. Mammanaa & Zeljko Tukovic
- Water management. The water framework directive and Mediterranean agriculture / Jose Albiac & Mithat Mema. Sustainable alternatives of water managment in urban areas of Mediterranean coastal cities: the example of Barcelona Metropolitan Region (BMR) (NE Spain) / Narcis Prat & Antonio Estevan. The professional and intellectual challenges of sustainable water management / Brent M. Haddad. A Sustainability Synthetic Territorial Index (ISST) to assess the sustainable management of water resources / Giacoma Martirano [and others]. Water resources; Croation comparitive advantage / Bozidar Biondic & Ranko Biodic. Sustainable water resources management in Lithunian Industrial companies / Jolanta Dvarioniene & Zaneta Statiskiene. Decentralized wastewater treatment technology: a promise for the future / Shashi K. Gupta. Sustainable development of water management in Croatia / Dragutin Geres. Quantity and quality changes of water resources on the landslides of 'Danube Type' /rZorana Zrnic, Milica Stojiljkovic & Dragica Stojiljkovic.
- Water desalination and treatment. Multi-effect boiling system MEB: an energy viewpoint / M.A. Darwish, Faisal Al Juwayhel & Hasan Kamal. Desalination as a sustainable source of fresh water provision? / Luis Serra, Javier Uche & Gemma Raluy. Removal of chlorobenzenes from groundwater using a combined solar photocatalytic/stripping reactor / Gyorgy Mink [and others]. Reliable transport of sewage water with centrifugal pumps: all technical problems solved / Friedrich-Karl Benra
- Environment assessment and evaluation. Improvement of regional sustainability assessments: an ecological-economic framework integrating trade and multi-media pollutants transfers / Friot Damien, Blanc Isabelle & olivier Jolliet. Corporate attitudes to environmental and sustainable technology strategies / Margaret Gollagher & Dora Marinova. About the environmental impact of buildings: an analysis of buildings use incidence in the energy consumption / Fabian Lopez Plazas & Albert Cuchi Burgos. Implementation of Kyoto protocol and emission trading / Ana Curkovic, Ivan Androcec & Ante Curkovic. Regulating animal manure to reduce pollution and ensure sustainable practices / Terence Centner. Heating plant air pollution reduction: the case of Kragujevac Town/ predrag Radovanovic [and others].
- Environment management. Environmental sustainability measured through social and environmental responsibility / Manuela Sarmento, Diamantino Durao & Manuela Duarte. Simulation of soot formation and analysis of the "Advanced Soot Model" parameters in an internal combustion engine / Marko ban, Eter Priesching & Neven Duic. Energy analyse of CHP plant TE-TO Zrenjanin / Predrag Raskovic, Svetislav Cvetkovic & Sreten Stoiljkovic. Development of environmental guidelines for the region of Western Balkans / Dimitrios Sanopoulos & Neven Duic. High efficiency heat and material recovery of plastic waste including polyvinyl chloride by using Sumitomo metals' waste gasification and smelting system / Takaiku Yamamoto. The statistical of himan being: environment relation / Daniela-Emanuela Danacica. Phytoremediation new technology for sustainable development / Mara Vlajkovic & Bojka Blagojevic. Determination of lubricant oil quality in vehicles using neural network for environmental issues / Siti Norul Huda Sheikh Abdullah [and others]. Air quality control in Bor / Visa Tasic, Dragan R. Milovojevic & Novica Milosevic.
Sustainability is a new, important discourse aimed at promoting a new strategy in the development of energy, water and environmental (EWE) systems - the key components that affect the quality of life on our planet. It is becoming increasingly clear that the quest for sustainable development requires integrating economic, social, cultural, political and ecological factors. The behavior and properties of an EWE system arise not merely from the properties of its component elements, but also to a large degree also from the nature and intensity of their dynamic interlinkages. This volume helps clarify the complexity of these problems by providing a deeper understanding of the implications of the different aspects of sustainability.This work contains a collection of selected, peer-reviewed and state-of-the-art reflecting papers that were presented at the Third Dubrovnik Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems that was held in June 5-10, 2005 in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Sustainable development > Congresses.
- Renewable energy sources > Congresses.
- Natural resources > Management > Congresses.
- Water resources development > Congresses.
- Environmental protection > Congresses.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS > Development > Sustainable Development.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS > Environmental Economics.
- Environmental protection.
- Natural resources > Management.
- Renewable energy sources.
- Sustainable development.
- Water resources development.
- Publication date
- "3rd Dubrovnik Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems held in 2005"--Foreword.
- 9789812771285 (electronic bk.)
- 981277128X (electronic bk.)