Harmonizing policies to transform the trading environment : assessing regional integration in Africa VI
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa.
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia : Economic Commission for Africa, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (vi, 73 pages) : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 65-69).
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Overview of regional integration in Africa
- 3. Harmonizing rules of origin across Africa
- 4. Harmonizing and strengthening trade facilitation measures and programmes
- 5. ICT for regional trade and integration in Africa.
- In support of progress towards regional integration in Africa, the Economic Commission for Africa, African Union Commission and African Development Bank jointly produce Assessing Regional Integration in Africa (ARIA). The first edition (ARIA I), published in 2004, provided a comprehensive assessment of the status of regional integration in Africa, with subsequent editions focusing on thematic areas. Thus ARIA II examined the rationalization of regional economic communities and their overlapping memberships. ARIA III addressed macroeconomic policy convergence, as well as monetary and financial integration in the regional economic communities. ARIA IV focused on enhancing intra-African trade. ARIA V provided analytical research and empirical evidence to support the establishment of the Continental Free Trade Area and the benefits that African countries stand to gain from it. ARIA VI, "Harmonizing policies to transform the trading environment", carries forward the momentum of January 2012's decision and declaration by addressing the issue of harmonizing rules of origin and trade facilitation to ease Continental Free Trade Area negotiations by member States. The report starts with a brief overview of progress in regional integration, followed by discussions on the harmonization of three key prerequisites to pave the way for a meaningful continental market - rules of origin, trade facilitation instruments and cross-border linkages for information and communications technology.
- Africa > Economic integration.
- Foreign trade promotion > Africa.
- Africa > Commercial policy.
- Africa > Economic conditions > 21st century.
- African cooperation.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS > Exports & Imports.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS > International > General.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS > International > Marketing.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > International Relations > Trade & Tariffs.
- African cooperation.
- Commercial policy.
- Economic history.
- Foreign trade promotion.
- International economic integration.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Assessing regional integration in Africa VI
- ARIA VI
- "A joint publication of the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), African Union Commission (AUC) and the African Development Bank (AfDB)"--Page 73.
- "Sales no. 14. II. K.1"--Title page verso.
- 9789210542098 (electronic bk.)
- 9210542096 (electronic bk.)