Albania : 2013 Article IV Consultation and Request for Extended Arrangement
- International Monetary Fund.
- Washington, District of Columbia : International Monetary Fund, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (114 pages) : illustrations (some color), charts.
- IMF Country Reports ; Number 14/78
- Cover; CONTENTS; CONTEXT; OUTLOOK AND RISKS; REPORT ON DISCUSSIONS AND PROGRAM POLICIES; A. Fiscal Policy: Laying the Groundwork for Fiscal and Debt Sustainability; B. Use of Monetary Policy to Ease the Economic Slowdown; C. Maintaining Financial Stability in the Face of Continued Challenges; D. Embarking on a Path of Sustained Medium-term Growth; PROGRAM MODALITIES AND RISKS; STAFF APPRAISAL; BOXES;
- 1. Implementation Recommendations of the
- 2012 Article IV Consultation;
- 2. Reform Agenda;
- 3. Possible Tax and Expenditure Measures, 2014-16;
- 4 Exchange Rate Assessment.
- 5. Conclusions of the
- 2013 FSAP6. Program Modalities and Risks; FIGURES;
- 1. Background and Outlook;
- 2. External Sector Developments;
- 3. Fiscal Developments;
- 4. Inflation and Monetary Developments;
- 5. Financial Sector Developments;
- 6. Business Environment and Labor Market;
- 7. Governance and Public Finances; TABLES;
- 1. Basic Indicators and Macroeconomic Framework, 2009-19; 2a. General Government Operations, 2009-19; 2b. General Government Operations, 2009-19; 3a. Balance of Payments, 2009-19 (Percent of GDP); 3b. Balance of Payments, 2009-19 (Millions of euros); 4a. Monetary Survey, 2009-14.
- 4b. Summary of Accounts of the Central Bank, 2009-145. IMF Core Indicators of Financial Soundness, December 2005-June 2013;
- 6. External Financing Requirement and Sources, 2012-19;
- 7. Schedule of Review and Purchases (provisional);
- 8. Indicators to Capacity to Repay to the Fund, 2012-19; APPENDIX; I. Letter of Intent; Attachment I. Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies; Attachment II. Technical Memorandum of Understanding; ANNEXES; I. Risk Assessment Matrix; II. Debt Sustainability Analysis; III. External Debt Sustainability; CONTENTS; FUND RELATIONS; WORLD BANK GROUP RELATIONS.
- This 2013 Article IV Consultation for Albania focuses on economic developments and policies that have led to weakening and imbalance of the economy. It highlights that high nonperforming loans (NPLs) are constraining credit growth, and weak external drivers are preventing a sustained reduction in external imbalances. Reduction in NPLs would safeguard financial stability and help release credit supply constraints by lowering bank risk aversion. The authorities have requested a three-year arrangement with proposed access equivalent to SDR 295.42 million.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781484338759 (electronic bk.)
- 1484338758 (electronic bk.)