The fashion design reference + specification book : everything fashion designers need to know every day
- Jay Calderin.
- Uniform Title
- Form, fit, and fashion
- Beverly, Mass. : Rockport Publishers, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (288 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Calderin, Jay.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 257-269) and index.
- Research. Evaluation ; Collection theory ; Fashion history ; Forecasting
- Perspectives : Ralph Rucci
- Edit. Crafting questions ; Mood boards and library ; Specialization ; Profiles ; Budget, time and money
- Perspectives : Joseph Abboud
- Design. Color ; Textiles ; Silhouette ; Accessories
- Perspectives : Carla Fernández
- Construct. Rendering ; Patternmaking ; Stitching ; Finishing
- Perspectives : Yeohlee Teng
- Connect. Portfolios ; Branding ; Marketing ; Shows
- Perspectives : Isaac Mizrahi
- Evolve. Celebrity ; Art ; Technology and sustainability ; Awareness ; Experience and education
- Perspectives : Treacy, Mallis, Bowers, Monahan, Mello, Parmal.
- Annotation An essential primer for students and first-stop reference for professionals, Fashion Design: An Indispensable Guidetakes the fashion designer through the entire design process, from conceiving a garment to marketing it. This valuable handbook contains the information and ideas essential to planning and executing fashion projects of every scale and distills them in an easy-to-use format that is compact enough to slip into a tote. Linking six central phases in the cycle of fashion & mdash; research, editing, design, construction, connection, and evolution & mdash; Fashion Design: An Indispensable Guidehelps designers develop effective strategies for building a cohesive collection and communicating their vision.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Fashion design reference plus specification book
- Fashion design reference and specification book
- "The original edition of this book, Form, fit, and fashion, was published by Rockport Publishers in 2009"--Preliminary page.
- 9781610587877 (electronic bk.)
- 1610587871 (electronic bk.)
- 9781592535415 (pbk.)
- 1592535410 (pbk.)