Malcolm X : the FBI file
- Carson Clayborne ; introduction by Spike Lee ; edited by David Gallen.
- New York : Skyhorse Publishing, Inc., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (514 pages) : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 49-53) and index.
- Introduction; Part I: Malcolm and the American State; Social Origins of Malcolm's Nationalism; Malcolm and the FBI; Politicization of Nationalism; Malcolm's Ambiguous Political Legacy; Part II: Chronology; Part III: The FBI File; Section 1; Section 2; Section 3; Section 4; Section 5; Section 6; Section 7; Section 8; Section 9; Section 10; Section 11; Section 12; Section 13; Section 14; Section 15; Section 16; Section 17; Section 18; Section 19; Elsur Logs; Appendix; Index.
- The FBI has made possible a reassembling of the history of Malcolm X that goes beyond any previous research. From the opening of his file in March of 1953 to his assassination in 1965, the story of Malcolm X's political life is a gripping one. Shortly after he was released from a Boston prison in 1953, the FBI watched every move Malcolm X made. Their files on him totaled more than 3,600 pages, covering every facet of his life. Viewing the file as a source of information about the ideological development and political significance of Malcolm X, historian Clayborne Carson exami ...
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965.
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation > History.
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- African Americans > Biography.
- Black Muslims > Biography.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Essays.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Government > General.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Government > National.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Reference.
- African Americans.
- Black Muslims.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Reprint. Originally published: New York : Carroll & Graf, 1991.
- "A Herman Graf book."
- 9781626366381 (electronic bk.)
- 1626366381 (electronic bk.)
- 9781616083762 (electronic bk.)
- 161608376X (electronic bk.)
- 9781616083762 (pbk.)
- 161608376X (pbk.)