A physicist's view of matter and mind
- Chandre Dharma-wardana, National Research Council of Canada, University of Montréal, Canada.
- [Hackensack] New Jersey : World Scientific, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xv, 501 pages) : illustrations
- Dharma-wardana, Chandre, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. The Nature of Physical Law: A Bird's Eye View of Our Quest-- An Epistemic Hunt for Scientific Truth-- The Laws of Nature and the Supremacy of Symmetry-- Maxwell's Magical Trinity - Electricity, Magnetism and Light-- The Theory of Relativity-- The Quantum World and 'Reality'-- Entanglement, Measurement and Quantum Paradoxes-- Many Particle Systems and the Classical Limit-- Energy, Entropy and Emergent Properties-- Part II. Complex Systems and Consiousness: Bio-Molecules, the Sub-Slime of Astrochemistry-- The Cell as the Basic Unit of Life-- Specialized Cells for Sight, Insight, and Information-- Exotic, Quantum Explanations of Consciousness-- Addressing the Enigmatic Questions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This is a highly interdisciplinary book straddling physics and complex systems such as living organisms. The presentation is from the perspective of physics, in a manner accessible to those interested in scientific knowledge integrated within its socio-cultural and philosophical backgrounds. Two key areas of human understanding, namely physics and conscious complex systems, are presented in simple language. An optional technical presentation is also given in parallel where it is needed.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9814425427 (electronic bk.)
- 9789814425421 (electronic bk.)
- 9789814425414 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- 9814425419 (hardcover ; alk. paper)