Her America : "A jury of her peers" and other stories
- by Susan Glaspell ; edited by Patricia L. Bryan and Martha C. Carpentier.
- data file.
- Iowa City : University of Iowa Press, ©2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (220 pages)
- Looking after Clara : August
- The manager of Crystal Sulphur Springs : July
- Unveiling Brenda : June
- A jury of her peers : March
- A matter of gesture : August
- Poor Ed : March
- Beloved husband : April
- The busy duck : November
- Pollen : March
- Government goat : April
- The nervous pig : February
- A rose in the sand : May 1927.
- One of the preeminent authors of the early twentieth century, Susan Glaspell (1876-1948) produced fourteen ground-breaking plays, nine novels, and more than fifty short stories. Her work was popular and critically acclaimed during her lifetime, with her novels appearing on best-seller lists and her stories published in major magazines and in The Best American Short Stories. Many of her short works display her remarkable abilities as a humorist, satirizing cultural conventions and the narrowness of small-town life. And yet they also evoke serious questions - relevant as much today as durin.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- 9781587299247 (electronic bk.)
- 1587299240 (electronic bk.)