The colors of love : the black person's guide to interracial relationships
- Kimberly Hohman.
- 1st ed.
- Chicago, Ill. : Lawrence Hill Books, ©2002.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xi, 196 pages)
- Hohman, Kimberly.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Meeting your match
- Making the commitment
- Facts and fallacies
- Extra extraordinary couples
- Your people
- Their people
- Local and regional flavor
- "Best" places to live
- Interracial relationships abroad
- Planning an interracial wedding
- Under the magnifying glass
- Handling discrimination
- Raising biracial kids
- Medical matters
- Giving them the best of both worlds
- People of different races have been falling in love for centuries, but it has only been in the last thirty years that interracial relationships have become acceptable in society -- not to mention by local police. This book addresses the problems facing interracial couples from a black perspective. From interracial dating to marriage and child rearing, it talks frankly about racism and discrimination, deals with the disapproval of relatives, discusses the challenges of blending cultures and traditions at home, and celebrates the richness that an interracial relationship offers. Based on intervi.
- Interracial dating > United States.
- Interracial marriage > United States.
- Couples > United States > Interviews.
- PSYCHOLOGY > Human Sexuality.
- SELF-HELP > Sexual Instruction.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE > Ethnic Studies > African American Studies.
- Interracial dating.
- Interracial marriage.
- United States.
- Interrassische Ehe.
- Publication date
- 9781569765951 (electronic bk.)
- 1569765952 (electronic bk.)
- 1556524676 (pbk.)
- 9781556524677 (pbk.)