Twenty years after
- Alexandre Dumas.
- Uniform Title
- Vingt ans après. English
- [Waiheke Island] : Floating Press, ©2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1557 pages)
- Dumas, Alexandre, 1802-1870.
- Twenty years after was serialized in the magazine Le Siecle from January to August 1845: The year is now 1648, twenty years since the close of the last story. Louis XIII has died, as has Cardinal Richelieu, and while the crown of France may sit upon the head of Anne of Austria as Regent for the young Louis XIV, the real power resides with the Cardinal Mazarin, her secret husband. D'Artagnan is now a lieutenant of musketeers, and his three friends have retired to private life. Athos turned out to be a nobleman, the Comte de la Fere, and has retired to his home with his son, Raoul de Bragelonne. Aramis, whose real name is D'Herblay, has followed his intention of shedding the musketeer's cassock for the priest's robes, and Porthos has married a wealthy woman, who left him her fortune upon her death. But trouble is stirring in both France and England.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- 20 years after
- 9781775410171 (electronic bk. ; Adobe Digital Editions)
- 177541017X (electronic bk. ; Adobe Digital Editions)
- 9781775410171 (electronic bk. ; Mobipocket Reader)
- 177541017X (electronic bk. ; Mobipocket Reader)