Competition and ownership in land passenger transport : selected papers from the 9th International Conference (Thredbo 9), Lisbon, September 2005
- editors, Rosário Macário, José Manuel Viegas, David A. Hensher.
- Amsterdam ; London : Elsevier, 2007.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xvii, 968 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Includes bibliographical references.
- CONTENTS Foreword
- SECTION 1. OVERVIEW ON COMPETITION AND OWNERSHIP IN LAND PASSENGER TRANSPORT
- SECTION 2. INNOVATION IN GOVERNANCE, PLANNING AND SERVICE DESIGN
- SECTION 3. REGULATORY REFORM
- SECTION 4. INSTITUTIONAL CONFIGURATIONS AND FRAMEWORKS
- SECTION 5. CONTRACTS AND PARTNERSHIPS
- SECTION 6. POLICY BUSINESS INTERACTION
- SECTION 7. HORIZONTAL LESSONS ON COMPETITION AND OWNERSHIP
- SECTION 8. DESIGN AND INNOVATION IN PUBLIC TRANSPORT TO FOSTER PATRONAGE
- SECTION 9. TENDERING, CONTRACT DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES CREATING AND MAINTAINING TRUSTING PARTNERSHIPS
- SECTION 10. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS AND DATA FOR MONITORING AND AUDITING
- SECTION 11. COMPETITION, REGULATORY CHANGE AND OWNERSHIP
- SECTION 12. INSTITUTIONAL CONFIGURATION AND FRAMEWORK AS A DRIVER FOR SYSTEM PERFORMANCE
- SECTION 13. POLICY EVOLUTION AND DECISION MAKING PROCESSES
- SECTION 14. CONCLUSIONS.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
In one volume, this book brings together a selection of the best papers presented at the 9th International Conference series on Competition and Ownership of Land Passenger Transport (known as the Thredbo Series). Thredbo is a premier international event that brings together academics, government policy makers, politicians, consultants and public transport operators to review the international developments in the theme area. As the most important international conference in this field of expertise, the series has more than 120 papers of well known authors and practitioners of Land Transport. Best papers from previous conferences were published in "T& F journal" and "Transport Reviews". Papers are reviewed and revised appropriately to ensure high quality. This book takes a practical approach by focusing on real world examples.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Transportation > Passenger traffic > Congresses.
- Local transit > Congresses.
- Railroads > Congresses.
- Bus lines > Congresses.
- Transportation and state > Congresses.
- Competition > Congresses.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING > Civil > Transport.
- TRANSPORTATION > General.
- Bus lines.
- Local transit.
- Transportation and state.
- Transportation > Passenger traffic.
- Publication date
- 0080467598 (electronic bk.)
- 9780080467597 (electronic bk.)
- 0080450954 (Cloth)