- Kurt Wagemann, Nils Tippkötter, editors ; with contributions by M.J. Barbosa [and more].
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (vi, 549 pages) : illustrations (some color).
- Advances in biochemical engineering/biotechnology ; 166.
- Lignocellulose-Biorefinery: Organosolv-Processes.- Syngas-Biorefinery: Biomass-Gasification.- Syngas-Biorefinery: Syngas-Utilization.- Algal-Biorefinery.- Products: Lignin.- Biogas-Biorefinery: Syngas-Utilization.- Biomass Resources: Agriculture.- Biomass Resources: Waste-Materials.- Biomass Resources: Waste-Materials.- Biogas-Biorefinery: Biogas-Production.- Vegetable Oil-Biorefinery.- Products: Extracts.- Biomass Resources: Forest.- Sustainability evaluation.- Sustainability evaluation.- Lignocellulose-Biorefinery: Ethanol-focussed.- Sugar-Biorefinery.- Products: Components: Acids.- Products: Components: Alcohols.- Plant breeding for Biorefineries.- Definition and Objectives of biorefinery plants - national and worldwide.- Logistics for Production and Transport.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319971179 20190129
- Publisher's Summary
- This book offers a comprehensive review on biomass resources, examples of biorefineries and corresponding products. The first part of this book covers topics such as different biorefinery resources from agriculture, wood processing residues and transport logistics of plant biomass. In the second part, expert contributors present biorefinery concepts of different biomass feedstocks, including vegetable-oils, sugarcane, starch, lignocellulose and microalgae. Readers will find here a summary of the syngas utilization and the bio-oil characterization and potential use as an alternative renewable fuel and source for chemical feedstocks. Particular attention is also given to the anaerobic digestion-based and Organosolv biorefineries. The last part of the book examines relevant products and components such as alcohols, hydrocarbons, bioplastics and lignin, and offers a sustainability evaluation of biorefineries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319971179 20190129
- Publication date
- Advances in biochemical engineering/biotechnology, 0724-6145 ; 166
- Includes index.
- 9783319971193 (electronic bk.)
- 3319971190 (electronic bk.)
- 9783319971179 (print)