Children with emotional and behavioural difficulties : strategies for assessment and intervention
- edited by Peter Farrell.
- data file.
- London ; Washington, D.C. : Falmer Press, 1995.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (vii, 155 pages) : illustrations
- Farrell, Peter.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Emotional And Behavioural Difficulties: Causes, Definition And Assessment, Peter Farrell-- Different Perspectives of Parents and Educational Psychologists When a Child is Referred for EBD Assessment, Nick Boreham, Ian Peers, Peter Farrell and Denise Craven-- Integrating Children with Emotional And Behavioural Difficulties: The Effect On Self-Esteem, John Banks-- Placement and Progress in Residential Special Schools for Children With Emotional And Behavioural Difficulties, Roger Grimshaw-- Get Them Young: The Impact of Early Intervention on Social and Emotional Development, Anne Rushton-- A Whole School Approach to the Management of Pupil Behaviour, Andy Samson and Georgina Hart-- Exclusion: Failed Children or Systems Failure?, Vanessa Parffrey-- Pastoral Care and Black Pupils: An Uneasy Relationship, Kenneth McIntyre-- Developing an LEA Strategy For Meeting Emotional And Behavioural Difficulties: Policy And Practice, Gareth Price and John Cousil.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Blending academic theory with policy guidelines and practical suggestions, this book provides a review of current approaches to assessment and Intervention For Children With Emotional And Behavioural Difficulties. It incorporates a discussion of government guidelines on policy and provision with schools and LEAs and reviews a range of successful innovations in intervention. Specific areas are covered, including Exclusion, Integration And Emotional Abuse.; Five Recurring Themes permeate the whole book, these being: the effects of government legislation on all aspects of EBD assessment and provision; the recognition that children with EBD come from economically and socially disadvantaged families and the implication that this has for assessment and provision; the problems of agreeing on an acceptable definition of EBD; the fact that children labelled as EBD do not have an equal opportunity to assessment and provision; and the belief that schools can make a substantial contribution to the prevention of EBD.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
Blending academic theory with policy guidelines and practical suggestions, this book provides a review of current approaches to assessment and Intervention For Children With Emotional And Behavioural Difficulties. Specific areas are covered, including exclusion and integration.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Problem children > Education > Great Britain.
- Problem children > Services for > Great Britain.
- Problem children > Psychological testing > Great Britain.
- EDUCATION > Special Education > Social Disabilities.
- Problem children > Education.
- Problem children > Psychological testing.
- Problem children > Services for.
- Great Britain.
- Disruptive students
- Great Britain
- Publication date
- 075070361X (alk. paper)
- 9780750703611 (alk. paper)
- 0750703628 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 9780750703628 (pbk. ; alk. paper)