The narrow path of freedom and other essays
- Eugene Davidson.
- data file.
- Columbia : University of Missouri Press, ©2002.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (160 pages).
- Eric Voegelin Institute series in political philosophy.
- Davidson, Eugene, 1902-2002.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Nuremberg Trials and One World
- 2. Nuremberg
- 3. United States and Europe
- 4. Visiting China
- 5. Narrow Path of Freedom
- 6. Global Aspects of East-West Relations
- 7. End of the Cold War?
- 8. Saddam and a New World Order
- 9. History As It Really Is
- 10. Domestic Peace
- 11. Looking Backward
- 12. Thin Coat of the Higher Learning
- 13. Path of the West
- 14. Further Decline of the West
- 15. Remembrance of Uncle Charlie
- 16. Albert Speer
- 17. Ezra Pound
- 18. Suzette Morton Davidson Gallery.
The pieces in The Narrow Path of Freedom and Other Essays, by the well-known historian Eugene Davidson, are nothing less than a triumph - historical, of course, but also literary and philosophical. Dealing with the history of the past half-century, they face the world's encouraging as well as saddening developments. Davidson has a way with words; as befits such a far-ranging author, every essay is exquisitely written. One group of the essays confronts the idea of history - what the past should mean. From the Nuremburg Trials to Saddam Hussein, the absurdities of Ezra Pound to the idealism of Charles A. Beard, whom Davidson knew well - here is a book that will last well into our already turbulent new century.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Civilization, Modern > 20th century.
- Civilization, Western.
- World politics > 20th century.
- United States > Foreign relations > 20th century.
- United States > Politics and government > 20th century.
- Civilisation > 20e siècle.
- Civilisation occidentale.
- Politique mondiale > 20e siècle.
- États-Unis > Relations extérieures > 20e siècle.
- États-Unis > Politique et gouvernement > 20e siècle.
- HISTORY > Modern.
- Civilization, Modern.
- Civilization, Western.
- Diplomatic relations.
- Politics and government
- World politics.
- United States.
- Publication date
- Eric Voegelin Institute series in political philosophy
- Use copy Restrictions unspecified
- Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action note
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
- 0826263119 (electronic bk.)
- 9780826263117 (electronic bk.)
- 0826214045 (alk. paper)
- 9780826214041 (alk. paper)