On becoming a school leader : a person-centered challenge
- Arthur W. Combs, Ann B. Miser, Kathryn S. Whitaker.
- data file.
- Alexandria, Va. : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, ©1999.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (231 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 220-222) and index.
- A person-centered perspective on educational leadership
- Seeking and responding to data
- Beliefs about people and change
- Creating an environment for learning and change
- The leader's sense of self
- Developing the self in others
- Creating and responding to purpose
- Authenticity and organizations
- Leaders and their organizations
- The person-centered preparation of school leaders.
- The work of educational leaders depends on relationships with people--faculty and staff members, students, other administrators, parents, and community members. This book presents a new way of viewing leadership: how to become person-centered leaders.
- Publication date
- "ASCD stock no. 199024"--Title page verso.
- 0871205335 (electronic bk.)
- 9780871205339 (electronic bk.)
- 9781416604945 (electronic bk.)
- 1416604944 (electronic bk.)