Temples of justice : county courthouses of Nevada
- Ronald M. James ; foreword by Cliff Young.
- Reno, Nev. : University of Nevada Press, ©1994.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiii, 199 pages) : map, illustrations.
- Wilbur S. Shepperson series in history and humanities ; no. 35.
- James, Ronald M. (Ronald Michael), 1955-
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 187-191) and index.
From Storey County's High Victorian Italianate-styled courthouse to Lander County's former schoolhouse, now a Neo-classical courthouse, Temples of Justice provides an architectural history of the courthouses of Nevada. In Nevada's first published architectural history, Temples of Justice treats the state's buildings as a series of documents from the past. Presented collectively the courthouses illustrate the choices and influences that have affected Nevada's communities as the citizens have sought to project an image of themselves and their aspirations through public architecture. The courthouses are important local public facilities, and they provide an excellent opportunity to understand the history of attitudes and tastes in the state.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Wilbur S. Shepperson series in history & humanities ; no. 35
- Use copy Restrictions unspecified
- Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action note
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
- 0874174333 (electronic bk.)
- 9780874174335 (electronic bk.)
- 087417239X (cloth ; acid-free paper)
- 9780874172393 (cloth ; acid-free paper)