The global Arctic handbook
- Matthias Finger, Lassi Heininen, editors.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- vi, 306 pages ; 25 cm
At the library
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|G614.5 .G56 2019||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Section 1 Economics and resources.-
- Section 2 Environment/Earth system dynamics.-
- Section 3 Geopolitics and governance.-
- Section 4 Peoples and cultures.- Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book offers a systematic and comprehensive introduction to the Arctic in the era of globalization, or as it is referred to here, the `GlobalArctic'. It provides an overview of the current status of the Arctic as a result of global change, while also considering the changes in the Arctic that have a global effect. It positions the Arctic within a broad international context, it addresses four main themes are discussed: economics and resources; environment and earth system dynamics; peoples and cultures; and geopolitics and governance. Gathering together expert authors and building on long-term research activities, it serves as a valuable reference for future research endeavors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Arctic regions.
- Publication date
- 3319919946 hardcover
- 9783319919942 hardcover
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: