Another way : decentralization, democratization and the global politics of community-based schooling
- edited by Rebecca Clothey and Kai Heidemann.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Sense, 
- Physical description
- xix, 159 pages ; 25 cm.
- Pittsburgh studies in comparative and international education ; 6.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2820 .A56 2019||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword: Community Organizing and Educational Justice: From Local Struggles to a Global Movement Mark R. Warren Acknowledgements List of Acronyms Notes on Contributors
- 1. Introduction: Community-Based Schooling and the Intersectional Politics of Decentralization and Democratization Kai Heidemann and Rebecca Clothey
- 2. Social Movement-Led Democratic Governance of Public Education: The Case of the Brazilian Landless Workers Movement Rebecca Tarlau
- 3. Crisis, Protest and Democratization `From Below': The Rise of a Community-Based Schooling Movement in Argentina Kai Heidemann
- 4. Accountability through Community-Based Management? Implications from the Local Level Implementation in El Salvador of a Globally-Popular Model D. Brent Edwards Jr.
- 5. Decentralization, Centralization and Minority Education in Hungary Andria D. Timmer
- 6. Decentralization and Education in Tanzania: The Role of Community Schools and Education for the Poor Serena Koissaba
- 7. Between State and Society: Community Schools in Zambia Richard Bamattre
- 8. Building a Community-Based Charter School in the United States Rebecca Clothey and Deanna Hill
- 9. An Alternative Education Model in Urumqi Rebecca Clothey
- 10. School of Feminism in Beijing: Embodied Resistance and "Weak" Education in Twenty-First-Century China Weiling Deng
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The case studies compiled in Another Way: Decentralization, Democratization and the Global Politics of Community-Based Schooling offer a comparative look at how the global politics of educational decentralization have influenced the democratic aspirations of diverse community-based schooling initiatives in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Pittsburgh studies in comparative and international education, 2542-8675 ; volume 6
- 9789004384729 hardcover alkaline paper
- 9004384723 hardcover alkaline paper
- 9789004384705 paperback alkaline paper
- 9004384707 paperback alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: