DIY cultures and underground music scenes
- edited by Andy Bennett and Paula Guerra.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2019.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Routledge advances in sociology.
- Underground music scenes between the local and the translocal. Rethinking DIY culture in a post-industrial and global context / Andy Bennett and Paula Guerra ; Visibility and conviviality in music scenes / Will Straw ; Punk stories / Carles Feixa ; Between popular and underground culture : an analysis of Bucharest urban culture / Anda Georgiana Becu? ; The DIY as a constitutive resource of the specific punk capital in France / Pierig Humeau ; Boys in black, girls in punk : gender performances in the goth and hardcore punk scenes in Northern Germany / Yvonne Niekrenz
- Music and DIY cultures : DIY or die!. Music, protest politics, DIY and identity in the Basque country / Ion Andoni de Amo Castro ; Home economics : fusing imaginaries in the musical underground of Wellington, New Zealand / Katie Rochow ; Proud amateurs : deterritorialized expertise in contemporary Finnish DIY micro-labels / Juho T. Kaitajärvi-Tiekso ; Noise records as noise culture : DIY practices, aesthetics and trades / Sarah Benhaïm ; Punk positif : the DIY ethic and the politics of value in the Indonesian hardcore punk scene / Sean Martin-Iveson
- Art, music and technological change. So far, yet so near: the Brazilian DIY politics of Sofar Sounds
- a collaborative network for live music audiences / Jeder Silveira Janotti Jr and Victor de Almeida Nobre Pires ; Cassette cultures in Berlin : resurgence, DIY freedom or sellout? / Benjamin Düster and Raphaël Nowak ; Here today : the role of ephemera in clarifying underground culture / John Willsteed ; Birth of an underground music scene? Creative networks and (digital) DIY technologies in a Hungarian context / Emília Barna
- Music scenes, memory and emotional geographies. The inoperative subculture : history, identity and avant-gardism in garage rock / Daniel S. Traber ; Collectivity and individuality in US free folk musics / Maximilan Spiegel ; The independent record label, ideology and longevity : twenty years of Chemikal Underground Records in Glasgow / J. Mark Percival ; Verbal sound system (1997-98) : recalling a raver's DIY practices in the British free party counterculture / Zoe Armour
- A howl of the estranged : post-punk and contemporary underground scenes in Bulgarian popular music / Asya Draganova and Shane Blackman.
- Publication date
- Routledge advances in sociology
- Electronic reproduction. London Available via World Wide Web.
- 9781315226507 electronic book
- 1315226502 electronic book