Child sexual abuse and protection laws in India
- Debarati Halder.
- New Delhi, India : Sage Publications India Pvt Ltd ; Thousand Oaks, California : Sage Publications Inc, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xviii, 214 pages ; 23 cm.
- SAGE law.
- Halder, Debarati, 1975- author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword / Kieran McGrath
- Impact of Child Rights Convention and its optional protocol on development of child sexual abuse preventive laws in India
- Penetrative sexual offences
- Sexual assault and sexual harassment of children
- Cyber sexual crimes
- Abetments, attempts and criminal motives in sexual abuse of children
- Reporting of crimes, preliminary investigation and witness/victim protection
- Juvenile offenders of sexual offences
- Prosecution and trial
- Sentencing, rehabilitation and social reintegration of children
- "[This book presents] research on the sexual abuse of children in India, the related protection laws and the gaps in current preventive measures. The book includes chapters on the nature of sexual offences theories that explain why they occur, and the laws for regulating the same. It discusses the role of the judiciary and the criminal justice machinery in preventing abuse and cyber sexual crimes targeting children. This book studies the existing legal procedural provisions, regulations with case laws, several new mechanisms to deal with juvenile delinquency, rehabilitation of juvenile offenders, various jurisprudential understandings and judicial analysis of the issue. The book advocates the use of innovative approaches, such as the therapeutic jurisprudential approach, in the sentencing and rehabilitation of juvenile victims and offenders to ensure their physical and psychological well-being."-- Back cover.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- SAGE law
- 9789352806843 (hardcover)
- 9352806840 (hardcover)
- 9789352806867 (Web PDF)
- 9789352806850 (E pub 2.0)
Browse related items
Start at call number: