Africa's business revolution : how to succeed in the world's next big growth market
- by Acha Leke, Mutsa Chironga, and Georges Desvaux.
- Boston, Massachusetts : Harvard Business Review Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 222 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
At the library
|HD2917 .L456 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 193-197) and index.
- Part I. Why Africa, why now?
- A giant awakes
- The big five : growth trends with a twist in the tail
- Part II. How to win in Africa : a strategic guide
- Map your Africa strategy
- Innovate your business model
- Build resilience for the long term
- Unleash Africa's talent
- Conclusion : Do well by doing good.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Definitive Guide to Doing Business in Africa For global and Africa-based companies looking to access new growth markets, Africa offers exciting opportunities to build large, profitable businesses. Its population is young, fast-growing, and increasingly urbanized--while rapid technology adoption makes the continent a fertile arena for innovation. But Africa's business environment remains poorly understood; it's known to many executives in the West only by its reputation for complexity, conflict, and corruption. Africa's Business Revolution provides the inside story on business in Africa and its future growth prospects and helps executives understand and seize the opportunities for building profitable, sustainable enterprises. From senior leaders in McKinsey's African offices and a leading executive on the continent, this book draws on in-depth proprietary research by the McKinsey Global Institute as well as McKinsey's extensive experience advising corporate and government leaders across Africa. Brimming with company case studies and exclusive interviews with some of Africa's most prominent executives, this book comes to life with the vibrant stories of those who have navigated the many twists and turns on the road to building successful businesses on the continent. Combining an unrivalled fact base with expert advice on shaping and executing an Africa growth strategy, this book is required reading for global business executives looking to expand their existing operations in Africa--and for those seeking a road map to access this vast, untapped market for the first time.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781633694408 20190114
- Publication date
- 9781633694408 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: