Restaurant chains in China : the dilemma of standardisation versus authenticity
- Guojun Zeng, Henk J. de Vries, Frank M. Go.
- Basingstoke, Hampshire : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- STRAMGT-583-01 -- The Challenges in/with China
- De Bettignies, Henri Claude Jean Jean Marie
At the library
On reserve at Business Library
|(no call number)|
- 1. Introduction.2. Authenticity versus Standardization.3. Translocality.4. Methodology.5. Authenticity-Standardization Paradox: Case Study of Expansion Strategies of Restaurant Groups in China.6. Case Study of Authentic Shanxi Cuisine in Guangzhou.7. Case Study of Authentic Hunan Cuisine in Guangzhou.8. Conclusion and Discussion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789811309854 20190114
- Publisher's Summary
- This book explores the paradox of the hospitality industry: customers demand not only personal and innovative tourism products and services, but also cost-effective ones. Enterprises have the option to meet the former demand by offering authentic products and services while the latter could be achieved through standardization. Although it seems ideal to combine both concepts, they seemingly contradict each other leading to suppliers facing an authenticity-standardization paradox. The authors identify, analyze, and provide solutions for this authenticity-standardization paradox based on a series of case studies of restaurants in China. This book will be of interest to scholars, business owners, and consultants.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789811309854 20190114
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI Available via World Wide Web.
- 9789811309861 electronic book
- 9811309868 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: