Registra quorundam abbatum monasterii S. Albani, qui saeculo XVmo floruere
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title on spine: Registrum Abbatiae Johannis Whethamstede.
- Covers events in the second abbacy of John Whethamstede, and in those of his successors, William Alban and William Wallingford.
- Sometimes attributed to Robert Blakeney, a previous owner of the manuscript.
- The portion dealing with Whethamstede was published also by Thomas Hearne in 1732 with Thomas Otterbourne's Duo rerum anglicarum scriptores veteres, as "Johannis Whethamstede Chronicon". The present ed. includes a collation with Hearne's ed., and extracts from Hearne's criticus apparatus.
- Related Work
- Registrum Abbatiae Johannis Whethamstede.
Browse related items
Start at call number: