Agroecosystem diversity : reconciling contemporary agriculture and environmental quality
- edited by Gilles Lemaire, Paulo César de Faccio Carvalho, Scott Kronberg, Sylvie Recous.
- London : Academic Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- 1. PlanteSoil Interactions Control CNP Coupling and Decoupling Processes in Agroecosystems With Perennial Vegetation
- 2. CeNeP Uncoupling in Grazed Grasslands and Environmental Implications of Management Intensification
- 3. CeNeP Decoupling Processes Linked to Arable Cropping Management Systems in Relation With Intensification of Production
- 4. Potential of Increased Temporal Crop Diversity to Improve Resource Use Efficiencies: Exploiting Water and Nitrogen Linkages
- 5. Negative Impacts on the Environment and People From Simplification of Crop and Livestock Production
- 6. Using Crop Diversity and Conservation Cropping to Develop More Sustainable Arable Cropping Systems
- 7. Building Agricultural Resilience With Conservation Pasture-Crop Rotations
- 8. The Contributions of Legumes to Reducing the Environmental Risk of Agricultural Production
- 9. Can Silvoarable Systems Maintain Yield, Resilience, and Diversity in the Face of Changing Environments?
- 10. Linking Arable Cropping and Livestock Production for Efficient Recycling of N and P
- 11. Can Increased Within-Field Diversity Boost Ecosystem Services and Crop Adaptability to Climatic Uncertainty?
- 12. The Future of Sustainable Crop Protection Relies on Increased Diversity of Cropping Systems and Landscapes
- 13. Grassland Functional Diversity and Management for Enhancing Ecosystem Services and Reducing Environmental Impacts: A Cross-Scale Analysis
- 14. Local and Landscape Scale Effects of Heterogeneity in Shaping Bird Communities and Population Dynamics: Crop-Grassland Interactions
- 15. Integration of Crop and Livestock Production in Temperate Regions to Improve Agroecosystem Functioning, Ecosystem Services, and Human Nutrition and Health
- 16. Integrated Crop-Livestock Systems as a Solution Facing the Destruction of Pampa and Cerrado Biomes in South America by Intensive Monoculture Systems
- 17. Toward Integrated Crop-Livestock Systems in West Africa: A Project for Dairy Production Along Senegal River
- 18. Silvopastoral Systems in Latin America for Biodiversity, Environmental, and Socioeconomic Improvements
- 19. The Economic Drivers and Consequences of Agricultural Specialization
- 20. Practices of Sustainable Intensification Farming Models: An Analysis of the Factors Conditioning Their Functioning, Expansion, and Transformative Potential
- 21. Environmental Benefits of Farm- and District-Scale Crop-Livestock Integration: A European Perspective
- 22. Payment for Unmarketed Agroecosystem Services as a Means to Promote Agricultural Diversity: An Examination of Agricultural Policies and Issues
- 23. Agricultural Policies and the Reduction of Uncertainties in Promoting Diversification of Agricultural Productions: Insights From Europe
- 24. Technological Lock-In and Pathways for Crop Diversification in the Bio-Economy
- 25. Opening to Distant Markets or Local Reconnection of Agro-Food Systems? Environmental Consequences at Regional and Global Scales
- 26. Scaling From Local to Global for Environmental Impacts From Agriculture
- 27. An Evolutionary Perspective on Industrial and Sustainable Agriculture
- 28. Current and Potential Contributions of Organic Agriculture to Diversification of the Food Production System.
- Agro-Ecosystem Diversity: Impact on Food Security and Environmental Quality presents cutting-edge exploration of developing novel farming systems and introduces landscape ecology to agronomy. It encompasses the broad range of links between agricultural development and ecological impact and how to limit the potential negative results. Presented in seven sections, each focusing on a specific challenge to sustaining diversity, the book provides insights toward the argument that by re-introducing diversity, it should be possible to maintain a high level of productivity of agro-ecosystems while also maintaining and/or restoring a satisfactory level of environment quality and biodiversity.
- Publication date
- 9780128110515 (electronic bk.)
- 0128110511 (electronic bk.)