Digital participation and collaboration in architectural design
- Richard Laing.
- London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 146 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Laing, R. (Richard), author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 133-141) and index.
- 1. Introduction 2. Digital Technologies in Architectural Design. 3. Digital Visualisation in Practice 4. Democratic Visualisation 5. Collaboration and Participation 6. Future Directions 7. Final Remarks.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138062665 20190114
- Publisher's Summary
- The emergence of new digital and visualisation technologies in recent years has led to rapid changes in the field of architecture. Current drives to incorporate building information modelling as a part of architectural design are giving way to the increased use of IT and visualisation in architectural design, user participation and group collaboration. As digital methods become more mainstream, Digital Participation and Collaboration in Architectural Design provides an accessible and engaging introduction to this emerging subject. Supported by selected examples from research and practice, the book offers an overview of theories, techniques and approaches which readers can apply in their own work. In doing so, it shows how these techniques can influence communication, debate and understanding and encourages readers to see familiar buildings from original and unusual perspectives. An ideal starting point for anyone interested in the application of digital techniques, the book will help students and professionals in architectural design and digital architecture to understand and embrace new technologies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138062665 20190114
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781138062641 (hardcover)
- 1138062642 (hardcover)
- 9781138062665 (paperback)
- 1138062669 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: