Ministry of crime : an underworld explored
- Mandy Wiener.
- Johannesburg, South Africa : Pan Macmillan South Africa, ©2018.
- Physical description
- 454 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- Wiener, Mandy.
As a follow up to the bestselling Killing Kebble: An Underworld Exposed (2010), the new book from Mandy Wiener, Ministry of Crime: An Underworld Explored, examines how organised crime, gangsters and powerful political figures have been able to capture the law enforcement authorities and agencies. These various organisations have been eviscerated, hollowed out and left ineffective. They have been infiltrated and compromised and, as a result, prominent underworld figures have been able to flourish in South Africa, setting up elaborate networks of crime with the assistance of many cops. The criminal justice system has been left exposed and it is crucial that the South African public knows about the capture that has occurred on different levels.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Gangsters > South Africa.
- Organized crime > South Africa.
- Murder for hire > South Africa.
- Assassination > South Africa.
- Murder > Investigation > South Africa.
- Businessmen > South Africa > Biography.
- Police corruption > South Africa.
- Murder for hire.
- Murder > Investigation.
- Organized crime.
- South Africa.
- Publication date
- This edition includes a postscript with updated information on the developments and people involved since the first edition was published in April 2011.
- 9781770105751 paperback
- 1770105751 paperback
- 9781770105768 electronic
Browse related items
Start at call number: