The Oxford handbook of music and the body
- edited by Youn Kim and Sander Gilman.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2018-
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Oxford handbooks online.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The Science of Voice and the Body / Marina Gilman
- Musical Remediation of Disability / Blake Howe
- Embodied Representation in Staged Opera / Linda Hutcheon, Michael Hutcheon
- Music in Body and Imagination / H. Martyn Evans
- Sound-Motion Bonding in Body and Mind / Rolf Inge Godøy
- Music and Movement: Expectations, Aesthetics, and Representation / Jay Schulkin
- Music and the Embodiment of Disability / Michael B. Bakan
- Embodied Rhythm and Musical Impact of Corporal Punishment in Twentieth-Century Opera / Shersten R. Johnson
- Music and the Body in the History of Medicine / James Kennaway
- Music, Bacchus, and Freedom / Hedy Law
- Body as Musical Instrument / Atau Tanaka, Marco Donnarumma
- Spatial Representations Common to Music and Bodily Experience / William Forde Thompson, Xuejing Lu
- Entrainment and Embodiment in Musical Performance / Eugene Montague
- Is There Disabled Music? Music and the Body From Dame Evelyn Glennie's Perspective / Evelyn Glennie, Sander Gilman, Youn Kim
- Musicalities and the Moving Body in Western Concert Dance / Byron Suber
- Opera as Film: Multimodal Narrative and Embodiment / Yayoi Uno Everett
- Music Changes the Brain / Paul Lennard
- Music Sociology Meets Neuroscience / Mia Nakamura
- Music and Psychoanalysis / Sander Gilman
- Virtuosities of Deafness and Blindness: Musical Performance and the Prized Body / Stefan Sunandan Honisch.
- This handbook is currently in development, with individual articles publishing online in advance of print publication. At this time, we cannot add information about unpublished articles in this handbook, however the table of contents will continue to grow as additional articles pass through the review process and are added to the site. Please note that the online publication date for this handbook is the date that the first article in the title was published online.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Music and the body
- Oxford handbooks online
- 9780190636241 (online resource) : No price