Advanced introduction to international political economy
- Benjamin J. Cohen.
- Second edition.
- Cheltenham, UK : Edward Elgar Publishing, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 157 pages ; 22 cm.
- Elgar advanced introductions.
- Cohen, Benjamin J., author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: 1. Introduction 2. The American school 3. America's "Left-Out" 4. The British school 5. Britain's "Far-Out" 6. Continental Europe 7. Latin America 8. China 9. The geography of IPE 10. What have we learned? Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781788971560 20190311
- Publisher's Summary
- Elgar Advanced Introductions are stimulating and thoughtful introductions to major fields in the social sciences and law, expertly written by the world's leading scholars. Designed to be accessible yet rigorous, they offer concise and lucid surveys of the substantive and policy issues associated with discrete subject areas. Now in its second edition, Benjamin J. Cohen's introduction provides a comprehensive and up-to-date global survey of the field of international political economy. With detailed discussions regarding the divergent paths of different schools of thought in the field, this unique guide explores the links between contending factions. This Advanced Introduction gives students access to the multiple analytical styles and traditions of all perspectives in this rich field of study. Key features of the second edition: * Concise introduction to the field in an accessible, non-technical form updated with the most recent discussions in IPE * Further in depth analysis of the most established American and British schools of IPE * Extended discussion of other key regions contributing to IPE, including Continental Europe, Latin America, Australia, Canada and China. Written in a concise and dynamic style, this Advanced Introduction serves as a thoughtful entry point text for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, as well as being an excellent go-to resource for scholars specializing in international political economy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781788971560 20190311
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Elgar advanced introductions
- Previous edition: 2014.
- 9781788971546 (cased)
Browse related items
Start at call number: