James Leong papers, circa 1950s-1990s.
- Physical description
- 16.5 linear feet (9 record storage boxes, 2 flat boxes and 1 flat folder)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
- Leong, James Chan, 1929- creator.
- ["Materials consist of manuscript material pertaining to the life and career of American born painter James Leong, including material relating to his childhood and early life in San Francisco's Chinatown (including rich material relating to Chinese-American life and culture); material (correspondence and personal writing) relating to a subsequent career as an artist in Norway, Rome and Seattle. Material includes: diaries, printed materials (publications and sales lists of Leong's art), guestbooks for Leong's home in Rome; slides and photos and drafts of an unpublished memoir by Leong. Also includes related material by Eugene Berman, artist and stage designer and longtime friend of Leong. Works of art by James Leong. Approximately eighty objects, mostly works on paper (lithograph, aquatint, silkscreen, and woodblock prints, mixed media, pastel or pencil drawings, posters), collographs on Masonite, and sketchbooks."]
- Supplemental links
- Closed until processed: Form to Express Your Interest in this Unprocessed Collection
- Chinese American painters.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Closed until processed. If you are interested in this collection, please use the "Express Your Interest in Unprocessed Collection" form linked from this record.
- Cite as
- [identification of item], James Leong papers (M2387). Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California.
- While Special Collections is the owner of the physical items, permission to examine collection materials is not an authorization to publish. These materials are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any transmission or reproduction beyond that allowed by fair use requires permission from the owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/spc/using-collections/permission-publish.
- Gift of Dean Leong, 2018. Accession MSS 2018-344.
- James Leong is an American born painter. After spending his childhood and early life in San Francisco's Chinatown he had a subsequent career as an artist in Norway, Rome and Seattle.
Browse related items
Start at call number: