The American West and the world : transnational and comparative perspectives
- Janne Lahti.
- New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- vii, 189 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Lahti, Janne, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgments Introduction: The American West as Global History Part I Global Convergences Shared Worlds Settler Revolutions Part II Global Circulations Violence Intimacies of Empires Imperial Eyes Epilogue Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138187344 20181126
- Publisher's Summary
- The American West and the World provides a synthetic introduction to the transnational history of the American West. Drawing from the insights of recent scholarship, Janne Lahti recenters the history of the U.S. West in the global contexts of empires and settler colonialism, discussing exploration, expansion, migration, violence, intimacies, and ideas. Lahti examines established subfields of Western scholarship, such as borderlands studies and transnational histories of empire, as well as relatively unexplored connections between the West and geographically nonadjacent spaces. Lucid and incisive, The American West and the World firmly situates the historical West in its proper global context.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138187344 20181126
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781138187337 hardcover
- 113818733X hardcover
- 9781138187344 paperback
- 1138187348 paperback
- 9781315643212 electronic book
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: