The letter book
- Aram Saroyan.
- New York : Granary Books, 2018.
- Physical description
- 1 volume (unpaged) ; 28 cm in box 29 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239 .G75 S37 2018||In-library use|
- "The Letter Book comprises the entire content of a long letter Aram Saroyan received from his father, the novelist William Saroyan, in 1968. Aram composed the book by breaking up the text of the letter into discrete fragments and typing each in the center of a separate sheet of paper. The first sentence, published in Adventures in Poetry, yielded 16 recto pages of poetry; the whole letter yields 195 recto pages. ... It was printed and bound at The Source Unltd Print and Copy Shop in the East Village, New York. The archival boxes were made by Talas in Brooklyn."--Publisher's website. https://www.granarybooks.com/book/1194/Aram_Saroyan+The_Letter_Book/
- Publication date
- "There are 29 copies in the edition: 26 lettered A-Z and 3 are numbered I-III, all signed by the author. I-III and A-G are hors commerce."--Colophon.
- Velo-bound volume, in archival box (29 x 23 cm).
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Copy K; signed by Aram Saroyan.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: