Handbook of research on curriculum reform initiatives in English education
- Christopher Denman and Rahma Al-Mahrooqi, editors.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 2019.
- Physical description
- 27 PDFs (xxi, 372 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1. Theoretical perspectives and theory-driven practice. Chapter 1. Quality assurance in English education in omani schools: a critical look ; Chapter 2. CLIL in the Japanese university context ; Chapter 3. Local implementation of international baccalaureate in the Japanese secondary school system: how good practice is positively impacting education provision ; Chapter 4. Multiple intelligences theory applied to folklore in Omani EFL teaching ; Chapter 5. Bringing back the l1 from exile: reconsidering the role of L1 in teaching and assessing L2 ; Chapter 6. A plurilingual approach to language education: observations from the Japanese classroom ; Chapter 7. Online collaborative learning as a way of boosting language and teaching proficiency ; Chapter 8. A cognitive style-inclusive approach as a means of learner-centered EFL teaching mode implementation
- Section 2. Investigative perspectives. Chapter 9. Omani English language learners' perceptions of interactive and online listening and speaking activities ; Chapter 10. A WID collaborative pedagogical model in computing: a study in Oman ; Chapter 11. Bridging the gulf between the campus and workplace: the role of English-oriented student bodies ; Chapter 12. What do emotions have to do with it?: the opportunities offered by affect in reforming English language education ; Chapter 13. Social strategy use among Omani undergraduate students ; Chapter 14. Academic and personal impact of peer tutoring on the peer tutor ; Chapter 15. Curriculum reform due to project-based learning methodology implementation in teaching an ESP course to Russian university natural science students ; Chapter 16. Self- and peer-assessments in the Iranian context: a systematic review ; Chapter 17. Reforming pre-service English language teacher training using professional community of learning ; Chapter 18. An evaluation of preposition representation in the Omani basic education ELT textbooks: focus on grades 1-4.
- "This book details the latest theoretical and methodological approaches in curriculum reform in English education from a variety of perspectives, but also offers examples of the research that both builds upon these theories while simultaneously driving understanding and practice in this area"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781522558460 hardcover
- 9781522558477 ebook
Browse related items
Start at call number: