Local and global methods in algebraic geometry : conference in honor of Lawrence Ein's 60th birthday, local and global methods in algebraic geometry, May 12-15, 2016, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Nero Budur, Tommaso de Fernex, Roi Docampo, Kevin Tucker, editors.
- [Providence, Rhode Island] : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- xi, 355 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) ; 712.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA564 .L5985 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- R. Lazarsfeld, Some remarks on the work of Lawrence Ein A. Calabri and C. Ciliberto, Contractible curves on a rational surface F. Catanese, On the canonical map of some surfaces isogenous to a product C. Ciliberto, F. Flamini, C. Galati, and A. L. Knutsen, Degeneration of differentials and moduli of nodal curves on $K3$ surfaces I. Coskun and J. Huizenga, Weak Brill-Noether for rational surfaces R. Datta and K. E. Smith, Excellence in prime characteristic M. Gonzalez Villa, A. Libgober, and L. Maxim, Motivic zeta functions and infinite cyclic covers C. Hacon, M. Popa, and C. Schnell, Algebraic fiber spaces over abelian varieties: Around a recent theorem by Cao and Paun S. Ishii and W. Niu, A strongly geometric general residual intersection J. Kollar, Quadratic solutions of quadratic forms S. J Kovacs, Non-Cohen-Macaulay canonical singularities N. Mok, Full cones swept out by minimal rational curves on irreducible Hermitian symmetric spaces as examples of varieties underlying geometric substructures M. Mustata and Y. Nakamura, A boundedness conjecture for minimal log discrepancies on a fixed germ E. Sernesi, The Wahl map of one-nodal curves on K3 surfaces Y.-T. Siu, Skoda's ideal generation from vanishing theorem for semipositive Nakano curvature and Cauchy-Schwarz inequality for tensors C. Voisin, Hyper-Kahler compactification of the intermediate Jacobian fibration of a cubic fourfold: The twisted case.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781470434885 20181022
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains the proceedings of the conference Local and Global Methods in Algebraic Geometry, held from May 12-15, 2016, at the University of Illinois at Chicago, in honor of Lawrence Ein's 60th birthday. The articles cover a broad range of topics in algebraic geometry and related fields, including birational geometry and moduli theory, analytic and positive characteristic methods, geometry of surfaces, singularity theory, hyper-Kahler geometry, rational points, and rational curves.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781470434885 20181022
- Ein, Lawrence.
- Geometry, Algebraic > Congresses.
- Geometry, Algebraic.
- Commutative algebra > General commutative ring theory > Characteristic $p$ methods (Frobenius endomorphism) and reduction to characteristic $p$; tight closure.
- Commutative algebra > Theory of modules and ideals > Linkage, complete intersections and determinantal ideals.
- Algebraic geometry > Local theory > Singularities.
- Algebraic geometry > Families, fibrations > Fibrations, degenerations.
- Algebraic geometry > Arithmetic problems. Diophantine geometry > Rational points.
- Algebraic geometry > Surfaces and higher-dimensional varieties > Special surfaces.
- Algebraic geometry > Surfaces and higher-dimensional varieties > Vector bundles on surfaces and higher-dimensional varieties, and their moduli.
- Several complex variables and analytic spaces > Singularities > Milnor fibration; relations with knot theory.
- Differential geometry > Local differential geometry > Methods of Riemannian geometry.
- Publication date
- Contemporary mathematics ; 712
- 9781470434885 (paperback alkaline paper)
- 1470434881 (paperback alkaline paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: