Contributions of Mexican mathematicians abroad in pure and applied mathematics : second meeting, Matemáticos Mexicanos en el Mundo, December 15-19, 2014, Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Fernando Galaz-García, Juan Carlos Pardo Millán, Pedro Solórzano, editors.
- [Providence, Rhode Island] : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- xv, 158 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Aportaciones matemáticas.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) ; v. 709.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA27 .M49 M49 2018||Unknown|
- Galaz-García, Fernando, editor.
- Pardo, J. C., editor.
- Solórzano, Pedro, 1981- editor.
- Reunión de Matemáticos Mexicanos en el Mundo (2nd : 2014 : Guanajuato, Mexico)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- O. Arizmendi and O. Juarez-Romero, On bounds for the energy of graphs and digraphs P. Carrillo Rouse, The Atiyah-Singer cobordism invariance and the tangent groupoid C. Gonzalez-Tokman, Multiplicative ergodic theorems for transfer operators: Towards the identification and analysis of coherent structures in non-autonomous dynamical systems R. Jimenez Rolland and J. Maya Duque, Representation stability for the pure cactus group V. Kleptsyn and A. Rechtman, Two proofs of Taubes' theorem on strictly ergodic flows H. Lange and A. Ortega, The fibres of the Prym map of etale cyclic coverings of degree 7 C. Lozano Huerta, Extremal higher codimension cycles of the space of complete conics C. Meneses, On Shimura's isomorphism and $(\Gamma, G)$-bundles on the upper-half plane M. Torres, On the dual of $BV$ C. Vargas, A general solution to (free) deterministic equivalents.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This volume contains the proceedings of the Second Workshop of Mexican Mathematicians Abroad (II Reunion de Matematicos Mexicanos en el Mundo), held from December 15-19, 2014, at Centro de Investigacion en Matematicas (CIMAT) in Guanajuato, Mexico. This meeting was the second in a series of ongoing biannual meetings aimed at showcasing the research of Mexican mathematicians based outside of Mexico. The book features articles drawn from eight broad research areas: algebra, analysis, applied mathematics, combinatorics, dynamical systems, geometry, probability theory, and topology. Their topics range from novel applications of non-commutative probability to graph theory, to interactions between dynamical systems and geophysical flows. Several articles survey the fields and problems on which the authors work, highlighting research lines currently underrepresented in Mexico. The research-oriented articles provide either alternative approaches to well-known problems or new advances in active research fields. The wide selection of topics makes the book accessible to advanced graduate students and researchers in mathematics from different fields. This book is published in cooperation with Sociedad Matematica Mexicana.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Mathematics > Mexico > Congresses.
- Mathematicians > Mexico > Congresses.
- Women mathematicians > Mexico > Congresses.
- Women mathematicians.
- Combinatorics > Graph theory > Graphs and linear algebra (matrices, eigenvalues, etc.)
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory > Random dynamical systems > Multiplicative ergodic theory, Lyapunov exponents.
- Group theory and generalizations > Connections with homological algebra and category theory > Cohomology of groups.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory > Smooth dynamical systems: general theory > Smooth ergodic theory, invariant measures.
- Algebraic geometry > Curves > Jacobians, Prym varieties.
- Algebraic geometry > Projective and enumerative geometry > Enumerative problems (combinatorial problems)
- Functions of a complex variable > Riemann surfaces > Fuchsian groups and automorphic functions.
- Functional analysis > Selfadjoint operator algebras (C*-algebras, von Neumann (W*- ) algebras, etc.) > Free probability and free operator algebras.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Mexican mathematicians abroad
- Contemporary mathematics ; volume 709
- Aportaciones matematicas / Sociedad Matemática Mexicana
- Second meeting of Reunion de Matemáticos Mexicanos en el Mundo, December 15-19, 2014, in Guanajuato, Mexico.
- 9781470442866 (paperback alkaline paper)
- 1470442868 (paperback alkaline paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: