Annotated legal documents on Islam in Europe : Norway
- compiled and annotated by Marianne Boe.
- English, Norwegian. English and Norwegian.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Physical description
- ix, 119 pages ; 24 cm.
- Annotated legal documents on Islam in Europe ; v. 17.
- Bøe, Marianne, 1977- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -116) and index.
- General introduction
- Status of religious communities
- Relations between the state and Islam
- State funding for Islamic religious communities
- Muslims in integration law
- Mosques and prayer houses
- Burials and cemeteries
- Education and schools
- Further and higher (tertiary) education
- Islamic chaplaincy in public institutions
- Employment and social law
- Islamic slaughter and food regulation
- Islamic goods and services
- Islamic dress
- Criminal law
- Family law.
This volume of Annotated Legal Documents on Islam in Europe covers Norway and consists of an annotated collection of legal documents affecting the status of Islam and Muslims. The legal texts are published in the original Norwegian language while the annotations and supporting material are in English. By legal documents are meant the texts of legislation, including relevant secondary legislation, as well as significant court decisions. Each legal text is preceded by an introduction describing the historical, political and legal circumstances of its adoption, plus a short paragraph summarising its content. The focus of the collection is on the religious dimensions of being Muslim in Europe, i.e. on individuals' access to practise their religious obligations and on the ability to organise and manifest their religious life.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Annotated legal documents on Islam in Europe, 2214-1340 ; volume 17
- 9789004379428 paperback alkaline paper
- 9004379428 paperback alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: