Flow chemistry for the synthesis of heterocycles
- Upendra K. Sharma, Erik V. Van der Eycken, editors ; with contributions by M. Baumann [and sixteen others].
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Physical description
- vii, 397 pages ; 25 cm.
- Topics in heterocyclic chemistry ; 56.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QD400.5 .S95 F56 2018||Unknown|
- Sharma, Upendra K., editor.
- 1 Multistep Continuous-Flow Processes for the Preparation of Heterocyclic Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.-
- 2 Photochemical Synthesis of Heterocycles: Merging Flow Processing and Metal-Catalyzed Visible Light Photoredox Transformations.-
- 3 Flow-Assisted Synthesis of Heterocycles via Multicomponent Reactions.-
- 4 Flow-Assisted Synthesis of Heterocycles at High Temperatures.-
- 5 Flow Chemistry Approaches Applied to the Synthesis of Saturated Heterocycles.-
- 6 Functionalization of Heteroarenes under Continuous Flow.-
- 7 Flow Chemistry as a Drug Discovery Tool: A Medicinal Chemistry Perspective.-
- 8 Safe Use of Hazardous Chemicals in Flow.-
- 9 Industrial Approaches towards API Synthesis under Continuous-Flow Conditions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This volume provides an overview of recent developments and scope in the use of flow chemistry in relevance to heterocyclic synthesis. The heterocyclic ring is the most prominent structural motif in the vast majority of natural products as well as pharmaceutical compounds since this facilitates tuneable interactions with the biological target besides conferring a degree of structural and metabolic stability. In recent times, flow chemistry has heralded a paradigm shift in organic synthesis as it offers several unique advantages over conventional methods like drastic acceleration of sluggish transformations, enhanced yields, cleaner reactions etc and is gradually gaining a lot of attention among organic chemist worldwide. Given the importance of heterocycles in natural products, medicinal chemistry and pharmaceuticals, this is a well warranted volume and complements the previous volume of Topics in Organometallic Chemistry `Organometallic Flow Chemistry'. This volume offers a versatile overview of the topic, besides discussing the recent progress in the flourishing area of flow chemistry in relevance to heterocyclic chemistry; it will also help researchers to better understand the chemistry behind these reactions. This in turn provides a platform for future innovations towards the designing of novel transformations under continuous flow. Thus, this volume will appeal to both the novices in this field as well as to experts in academia and industry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Topics in heterocyclic chemistry ; 56
- 3319943278 hardcover
- 9783319943275 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: