Nature in the city : a map, a journey, a guide to San Francisco
- Third edition.
- San Francisco, CA : Nature in the City, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 map : color ; 57 x 88 cm, folded to 20 x 15 cm + 1 poster (folded)
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G4364.S5 D1 2018 .N3||In-library use|
- Nature in the City (San Francisco, Calif.), issuing body.
- San Francisco (Calif.). Recreation and Park Department sponsoring body.
- San Francisco (Calif.). Department of the Environment, sponsoring body.
- California Academy of Sciences, sponsoring body.
- San Francisco Public Library, sponsoring body.
- "This two-sided map offers five ways to see nature in San Francisco. The front presents a big picture of some species and habitats that help create a place of beauty and belonging. Four maps on the flip side explore some ways we are re-learning to co-exist here. From the Bayshore to Ocean Beach, darting through traffic, a lighting on flowers, digging into the earth, and flying overhead, an amazing abundance of creatures share their life journeys with ours."--Back panel.
- Natural areas > California > San Francisco > Maps > 21st century.
- Nature conservation > California > San Francisco > Maps > 21st century.
- Urban parks > California > San Francisco > Maps > 21st century.
- Biogeography > California > San Francisco > Maps > 21st century.
- Historical geography > California > San Francisco > Maps > 21st century.
- Geology > California > San Francisco > Maps > 21st century.
- California > Maps > 21st century.
- San Francisco (Calif.) > Maps > 21st century.
- San Francisco Bay (Calif.) > Maps > 21st century.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale approximately 1:22,000 (W 122°31ʹ20ʺ--W 122°21ʹ10ʺ/N 37°49ʹ20ʺ--N 37°42ʹ20ʺ).
- Relief shown by contours.
- Shows topography, vegetation, drainage, coastline, parks and other notable urban places.
- Features wildlife living within the city of San Francisco and the San Francisco Bay.
- Includes legend, color illustrations and explantory text.
- Four inset maps, text, and color illustrations on verso.
- Also issued with: Bay nature, v.18, no.2 (April-May 2018).
- "Nature in the city map, version 3.0 © January 2018"--Back panel.
- "Map team: California Academy of Sciences: Rebecca Johnson, Alison Young; Nature in the City: Amber Hasselbring, Bette McDonnel, Bill Brick, Areil Want; Presidio Trust: Damien Raffa; San Francisco Department of the Environment: Peter Brastow, Luke Walcher; SF Public Library: Kelley Trahan; SF Recreation and Parks: Dylan Molnar"--Back panel.