Dave Radlauer jazz collection
- Physical description
- 38 boxes ; 22 linear feet
- Radlauer, Dave.
- Mielke, Bob, 1954- performer.
- Oxtot, Dick, performer.
- Scheelar, Earl, performer.
- Black Diamond Jazz Band, performer.
- Bob Mielke's All Stars, performer.
- Bob Mielke's Bearcats, performer.
- Dick Oxtot's Golden Age Jazz Band, performer.
- Enigmas (Musical group), performer.
- Golden Eagle Jazz Band, performer.
- Golden State Jazz Band, performer.
- Good Time Levee Stompers, performer.
- Grand Dominion Jazz Band, performer.
- Monterey Bay Classic Jazz Band, performer.
- New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern California, performer.
- New Orleans Syncopators, performer.
- Polecats (Musical group), performer.
- Silicon Gulch Jazz Band, performer.
- Stone Age Jazz Band, performer.
- Zenith Jazz Band, performer.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Organization & arrangement
- The collection is arranged in the original order created by the donor and is organized into six series: Series 1: Photographs -- Series 2: Dick Oxtot, 1943-2002 -- Series 3: Earl Scheelar, 1945-2009 -- Series 4: Bob Mielke, 1945-2008 -- Series 5: Audio, 1952-2008 -- Video, 1987-1994.
- The collection pertains to Dave Radlauer, Bob Mielke, Dick Oxtot, Earl Scheelar and other musicians involved in the San Francisco Bay Area jazz music scene from the 1940s to the 2000s. The materials are composed primarily of sound recordings, video recordings, and photographs. There are also festival programs, newspaper clippings, correspondence, notes, flyers and various ephemera. Additionally there are digital files that were stored on an external hard drive owned by Dave Radlauer. After a disk image was made of the hard drive it was returned to Dave Radlauer. The contents of the hard drive are 2552 photographic, audio and document files totaling 270.66 GB. The breakdown of these files are 622 audio files totaling 205.95 GB, 1,561 graphic files totaling 64.7 GB, and 369 document files totaling 14 MB. A significant portion of the electronic files are digitized versions of physical items that are in the collection. There is also a number of additional original electronic files. The document files are inventories, spreadsheets and lists of the electronic files.
- Mielke, Bob, 1954-
- Oxtot, Dick.
- Scheelar, Earl.
- Oakland Athletics (Baseball team)
- Black Diamond Jazz Band.
- Bob Mielke's All Stars.
- Bob Mielke's Bearcats.
- Dick Oxtot's Golden Age Jazz Band.
- Enigmas (Musical group)
- Golden Eagle Jazz Band.
- Golden State Jazz Band.
- Good Time Levee Stompers.
- Grand Dominion Jazz Band.
- Monterey Bay Classic Jazz Band.
- New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern California.
- New Orleans Syncopators.
- Polecats (Musical group)
- Silicon Gulch Jazz Band.
- Stone Age Jazz Band.
- Zenith Jazz Band.
- Jazz musicians.
- Jazz vocals.
- Jazz musicians > Interviews.
- Music festivals > California.
- Music festival programs.
- Radio programs.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive of Recorded Sound for assistance. Some of the materials are fragile and may require special care during handling.
- Gift of Dave Radlauer, 2018.
Browse related items
Start at call number: