Musical children : engaging children in musical experiences
- Carolynn A. Lindeman (San Francisco State University).
- Second edition.
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 296 pages : illustrations, music ; 28 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|MT1 .L58 2019||Unknown|
- Lindeman, Carolynn A., 1940- author.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- SECTION I: Music Learning and Young Children /
- Chapter 1: Young Children and Music: The Prekindergarten Years /
- Chapter 2: Young Children and Music: The Primary Grades /
- Chapter 3: Introduction to the Elements of Music: Developing Concepts about Music /
- Chapter 4: Reaching All Learners through Music/
- Chapter 5: Curricular Integration and Approaches /
- SECTION II: Teaching Music in the Prekindergarten and Primary Grades /
- Chapter 6: Sharing Music in the Prekindergarten Years /
- Chapter 7: Teaching Music in the Primary Grades /
- SECTION III: Collection of Songs for Classroom Music / APPENDICES / Appendix A: Collection of Rhymes, Finger Plays, Chants, and Poems / Appendix B: Resources for Classroom Music / Appendix C: Reference Material for Music Fundamentals / Appendix D: Introduction to the Soprano Recorder, Autoharp (R), Chromaharp (R), QChord (R) / Appendix E: Songs to Read, Sing, and Play / Glossary / Classified Index / Subject Index / Music Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Musical Children: Engaging Children in Musical Experiences, Second Edition, is designed for students majoring in early childhood or elementary education, or music education. It highlights the important role music plays in a child's education and life, offering a practical resource for bringing together music and young children during these important early years. Thirty-seven engaging musical experiences help pre-service and in-service teachers-some who may only have a limited background in music-learn how to make music a part of their students' daily lives, with strategies that are ideal both in and out of the classroom. Musical Children is an invaluable guide to assist teachers in engaging children in meaningful, joyful, and playful musical experiences. NEW to the second edition: The 2014 National Core Music Standards Updated and expanded prekindergarten chapter Greater focus on music fundamentals Expansion of Dalcroze, Orff, Kodaly, and Music Learning Theory approaches Discussion questions and projects for each chapter Addition of an Autoharp (R), Chromaharp (R), and QChord (R) instructional unit All 49 audio tracks from the musical experiences now available for online listening, hosted or linked to popular music streaming services A new companion website is home to numerous resources, including all audio files, supplementary notated songs, charts for instrument study, and information on IDEA and children with disabilities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780815374947 hardcover
- 0815374941 hardcover
- 9780815374930 spiralbound
- 0815374933 spiralbound
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: