The job-embedded nature of coaching : lessons and insights for school leaders at all levels
- Sally J. Zepeda, editor.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 105 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Bridging Theory and Practice
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HF5549.5 .C53 J63 2018||Unknown|
- Zepeda, Sally J., 1956- editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Series Page Series Intro Volume Introduction Preface Acknowledgements Introduction
- Chapter 1: Coaching in the Context of Job-Embedded Professional Learning Sally J. Zepeda
- Chapter 2: Staying Awake at Work: Novice Teachers and the Power of the Coaching Conversation Lakesha Robinson Goff
- Chapter 3: Instructional Coaches' Perspectives: Successes and Challenges Experienced while Working with Teachers Angela K. Rainwater
- Chapter 4: Meaningful Job Embedded Professional Learning for Beginning Teachers Susan Hare Bolen
- Chapter 5: Lessons about Job-embedded Coaching Sally J. Zepeda About the Editor Chapter Author Biographies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The Job-Embedded Nature of Coaching: Lessons for School Leaders is a book for sitting principals, aspiring principals, and teacher leaders. This edited volume includes studies that describe and detail findings from dissertation research conducted by scholar-practitioners in preK-12 schools. This book makes unique contributions to the field of practice and understanding of coaching (instructional and peer coaching) as forms of job-embedded learning, most especially for teachers in the beginning years in the profession. Each chapter examines very specific aspects of coaching that school leaders need to have understanding about to be able to create systems that support teachers in the work they do to teach students, interact with colleagues, etc. Conclusions and recommendations are offered for school leaders to support an environment and culture that embraces coaching and job-embedded learning as an integral part of the school's foundation for building capacity. The messages across the chapters point to the primacy of coaching to promote teacher engagement and its value as job-embedded learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475843279 (pbk ; alk. paper)
- 1475843275 (pbk ; alk. paper)
- 9781475843262 (cloth ; alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: